Tuesday, February 14, 2012

All the Cool Kids are doing it

That night after our second FPIES reaction when I was searching for information, I kept coming across the same couple blogs maintained by FPIES mommies.  I cannot say how vital those blogs were in directing us towards the direction of answers for Livvy!  Their stories and links for information were instrumental in Livvy being diagnosed so quickly.  We really were headed in the right direction (we HAD a direction!) because of them.
I wanted to be able to pay it forward, in the only way I really can.  So this blog was started.  I kind of feel like I'm falling in with the 'in crowd' on babycenter's FPIES page.  LOL.  You know... 'all the cool kids are doing it'... blogging about their FPIES kids.  I understand the appeal.  FPIES isn't well known and being constantly misunderstood is exhausting.  Spending a slightly more than acceptable amount of time trying to explain this crazy issue to every person who asks is a bit much.  Its easier to direct friends and family to the blog if they want to know 'how Livvy is doing'.   It isn't that I don't want to take the time to explain, per se, but I'm just not that effective in doing so with a baby crying and a preschooler screaming in the background.
Sooooooo, I'm one of the cool kids now.

1 comment: