Sunday, March 11, 2012

Good Vibes, Pretty Thread, and Potatoes

Carrots are a pass!  I had fingers crossed and held my breath (I might have done a few other silly things too), but we had no problems with them at all!   Livvy has come to the point that she gets excited to eat them.  Such a long way from her crying hysterically while I was trying to feed her pears and bananas (evil) just a few weeks ago.  
We've also had very good early luck attempting a switch from Neocate Infant with DHA/ARA to Neocate Jr Vanilla with prebiotics.   From what I've gathered from various support boards, many sensitive kiddos are having issues with the DHA/ARA.  Its a new formulation for the company, and frankly, I can't for the life of me figure out why they would change it.  The babies that rely on elemental formulas are on them because their systems are so fragile they can't tolerate anything else.  That can of powder is the only thing standing in between their health thriving or failing.  Why mess with a good thing?  So we're trying the Jr, and Livvy seems to be tolerating it very well thus far.  We were doing generally well on the Infant, but Livvy's sleep was sort of restless.  Nothing like when we were breastfeeding or if she's reacting to a food, but I just couldn't fight the thought that 'something' was a bit off.  A couple days into the Jr she's sleeping much more peacefully.  Its nice to see.  She's never really slept peacefully unless we were holding her.  It just confirms that a mother's intuition IS right- Liv wasn't sleeping well on her own because she was 'spoiled' (OH BOY could I write a whole stinkin post about that one...), she wasn't sleeping well because her tummy was still a bit upset.  The medical supply company is getting insurance authorization for a longer trial of that formula to be sent for us to continue to test it beyond the smaller sample I was able to get from the allergist.  In the meantime, I've been going back to the Infant since we ran out of the Jr sample.  Her sleep is noticiably different and not for the better.  We have a good feeling about this Jr formula working out well for baby girl.  

In other news,  I've managed to sit down at my sewing machine a bit the last few days.  I find sewing very relaxing, oddly enough.  The girls have a few tops already, and I've got a stack of things waiting in the wings to get going.  I might have to post a few pics soon.  Everything is adorable.  My little models are pretty cute too.  Its amazing how productive I can be once experiencing the luxury of a little bit of sleep.

Moving along, we are beginning a trial for white potatoes.   I want potatoes to be a pass soooooooooo badly.  There's a whole world of food possibilities once we have potatoes.  So here we go again with the holding of my breath, saying a prayer, doing a rain dance, and jumping up & down while patting my head and rubbing my tummy.   Don't judge me... it worked for carrots...  hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment